Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday once again

TGIF! Can you believe it is Friday once again? This has been a very busy week in the Walker household. I attended my very first "31" party. Beautiful bags and totes! I loved them so much I had to schedule a party of my own for November! Then meetings, work and doctor appointments to finish out the week! But the weekend is here and I am so looking forward to! Hopefully that includes some serious scrapping time!

Today I want to share the birthday cards I made recently! I borrowed the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set from my best friend and went to town. I copied her birthday card from her blog - here. I thought that they could be used for anyone of any age or gender. So many color options as well. I even thought about adding some dazzling diamonds glitter to the "frosting" but didn't for this batch! Katie used the spritzing tool from Stampin' Up but I did not have one so I improvised! My daughter had some blow pens and I used them instead! (next time - I will get a spritzing tool!)




I stamped the cupcake and balloon onto the spritzed paper and again onto white card stock. I used my watercolor pencils and colored the cupcake on the white card stock to coordinate with the colored cardstock on the mats. I hand cut the cupcakes out and pop dotted them onto the stamped image. I even stamped the flame onto orange card stock and cut those out separately. I pop dotted those, as well as the balloons in different colored card stock.


I also wanted to share another card that my daughter made. She choose one of my favorites stamp sets, unfroggetable, and found an idea she wanted to copy in a book I made with card ideas! I thought she did a terrific job! She is getting good at making cards and will soon be flying by good old mom!!!
Ash is heading out tonight to visit her other grandparents for the weekend! She is excited for some great one on one time with them! I cannot wait to hear all that she has done when she gets home!

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend! Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment