Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here comes the bride....

While I was surfing the internet looking for wedding invitations and cards.... I came across these and fell in love!

I had purchased the directions to make Lynn's owl box and card set (here) and when I saw these - I knew that they would be perfect for a little gift bag or something for the bride and groom!

I traced the small owl template and cut them out of brown card stock. I cut the "tux" out of black card stock. I cut a slit to make the lapels (folding them back) and added a white piece behind it to make the shirt. I added some black adhesive dots to make the buttons and a small white flower to the lapel. I added feet with the tab punch and adhered them to the back on the bottom. The eyes are punched out with 3 graduating circle punches, using white, a color and black.
The bride is made the same way, using the template for the owl and the dress. I used a scallop border punch for the bottom of the dress. I added some bling to the dress collar to resemble a necklace (those are fun to work with!). I also added some large rhinestones to the bottom of the dress for some shimmer. I punched 2 small hearts and adhered them together to make the ear bow and added another rhinestone to cover where I matched them up. I made the eyes the same way as the groom but I added eyelids, sponged with some color to represent eye shadow and cut a small strip of black to make lashes. I really think that the lashes make her!
Be sure to check out Lynn's blog to get the full directions to make her owls. She has many variations that you can make as well!

Thanks for popping in!


No comments:

Post a Comment