Monday, April 26, 2010

Sorry it took so long!



Happy Monday all! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post this card. We had some issues last week that just overtook my time!
But here I am and here is the beautiful wedding card (if I say so myself) I promised you!!!



I made this card with a white cardstock base with a black mat. The smaller white mat was embossed with a cuttlebug embossing mat that is a flower design.


The beautiful butterflies are made with a wonderful embosslits from Stampin' Up! It cuts and embosses the butterflies at the same time!! This product is a "must have" if you like butterflies!! I believe you get 5 butterflies in one cut - ranging in size from tiny to the large ones you see here! The vellum just makes them pop!!! I added 2 rhinestones to the center of the big butterfly on the left.
The picture on the right shows the butterflies a little better.
I also added a small strip of vellum under my black stripe to add a little more depth.
I found some wide sheer ribbon in my stash and topped it with some white satin ribbon.
I thought about adding some glitter to the raised areas of the embossed section but decided not to. What do you think?
Thanks for popping in today! I am looking forward to showing you a 2 page layout I finally got to make this past week (in my not so free time!!)! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment