Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!! I hope you have had a great week! It has been a long week for us but we are managing. With the help of God and our family and friends, we will survive!!!
But I can say that being back into the world of blogging has been nice! (thanks Rachel for the boost!)

Today's layout is from our Boston trip last August. My hubby, daughter and I hopped onto the Amtrak DownEaster and went to the Boston Museum of Science. I had not been there since junior high and it was huge! We could have easily spent 2 days there. But we knew we had to catch the train for the long ride home so we paced ourselves and saw what was most important to each of us! My hubby was a little nervous about the logistics of the train and subway but my daughter assured him that SHE knew what to do!!! Too funny!!
The first picture is some of the fun things we got to see while we were there. I used some of the pretty circle paper I had hoarded and decided to cut out some of the circles to use as embellishments. For the title, I used the Cricut and decided to use the negative space of the title. Thought it added a little more interest!!

The next layout is some more of the wonderful things we saw while spending our day at the museum.
I decided to use some pastel colors to highlight some of the more feminine things from our day! (altho a skunk really isn't feminine!) I thought perhaps the colors would highlight some of the beautiful butterflies they had at the Butterfly Garden. If you look closely at the left hand page, on the bottom right, Ash is actually touching a sheep heart. All I could say was "eeewwwhh". (She thought it was cool)!
The paper is another one from my large paper pad. I love receiving those pads as you have many coordinating papers! I used some felt flowers with bling in the middle as accents on my page. I had picked up these great flowers at the CKC convention last year! Some many wonderful things can be found there!
Well, I hope you have a fantabulous weekend! The weather here in Maine is supposed to be wonderful. 70-80's and no humidity! Gotta love it! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment