Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunny Sunday in Maine

Happy Sunday all! I hope you have had a terrific weekend! We have had some beautiful weather here in Maine! THIS is the kind of summer I love!

This weekend I have been working on some cards! My Grandmother will be turning 90 this month and we are having a surprise party for her. So Ashley and I made cards for her birthday. We also made some other cards while we were playing! I will share those this week!

This card I CASE'd from Splitcoast Stampers. Kudos to the original designer! It was so easy to copy and the variations are unlimited! I used plain white cardstock as the base and bright green as the next layer. I made this card larger than usual to allow for the 3 rectangles. The patterned paper is one I had in my ever growing stash of paper! I then matted light blue with yellow from my scraps and stamped my design onto white. The stamp set is one of the new hostess sets from Stampin' Up called Birthday Bakery. This set is so cute and so easy to earn.

I added a small banner to the birthday quote and the "for you" quote matted with the new Large Scallop Punch from Stampin' Up. (have I even mentioned that I LOVE the Stampin' Up punches???!!! They rock!) I crimped the scallop circle for some added detail!

Ashley decided that SHE wanted to make a special card for her Great Grandmother as well. So - she picked out a card from Splitcoast as well and asked me to cut the papers for her. She picked out the papers and assembled it all by herself. I was certainly impressed. Pretty good for an almost 10 year old! She also used the Birthday Bakery set. She liked the looks of the blues and browns together so she matted the patterned paper to coordinate.
She is getting to have quite the eye for colors! She also made a few extra cards this weekend! I will also share those this week!
I hope you have enjoyed these 2 cards! Tomorrow we are off for a "field trip" to Pemaquid lighthouse and then to Boothbay Harbor. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment