Saturday, August 7, 2010

Everybody's working for the weekend!

I hope you are having a great weekend! The weather has turned a little cooler here in Maine so hopefully we can get some things finished around the house. We have a huge to do list with miscellaneous items on it. Perhaps this will be THE weekend! I also have a goal to get some one on one time with my scrap room!

Today I wanted to share my layout of a trip we took to Fun Town/Splash Town last August. We went with our best buds and their family!
It seems that lately I have a "thing" with circles on my pages. For this layout, I took plain blue card stock for the base and accented with some bright summertime paper. I believe (but am not positive) that the patterned paper is from BoBunny. I used my circle cutter from Creative Memories to cut the circles and then used a small blade to remove the center of the circle. I randomly placed them on my layout to coordinate with the circles on the patterned paper.
I used my scallop square punch from Stampin' Up for the small pictures on the left hand page. I added a title with simple black letter stickers (haven't used letter stickers in forever!!!) and 3 colored brads for accent.

For the afternoon of our trip - we went into the water park "Splashtown". For this layout - I found some polka dotted paper that made me think of water. After searching high and low in my house for something large enough to trace to make my half circle, I ended up winging it with a dinner plate. I matted the pictures on the blue circle with white mats to make them pop off the page. I used an arrow punch for the arrows and some more of the plain letter stickers for the title! Simple and easy!!!
I found both of these layouts in my new sketch book! Once again - the thinking was all done for me! Gotta love it!

I hope you have a fantabulous weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment