Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Friday Eve

Happy Thursday all! I have a friend who calls Thursdays "Friday Eve" - hence the title!!!

I hope you have all had a great week!!!! It has been a busy week for us! Parties and meetings almost every day! No time for scrapping so far this week but I do have some more cards to share with you!
Both cards are made with my new owl punch from Stampin' Up. I just love this punch! (I love all the SU punches but this one is so cute!). I was surfing on the Splitcoast Stampers site and saw some similar to the ones I created.

The first one is probably my favorite! I punched the owl out of dark brown cardstock with the belly out of misc patterned paper from my scrap stash. The top owl has wings that are not part of the punch. I took another punched owl and cut his sides off to make the wings! I placed the owl on the card with pop dots to add some dimension. All my cards are made with a white base and then I layer the colored cardstock on top. I used dark blue and tan on these cards. I added some light blue ribbon across the blue stripe and then mounted it onto the card. In the top left - I punched 3 small holes with a punch and added 3 small blue brads. The stamp in the lower corner is one I had from a set of studio G clear acrylic stamps from Michael's. I was just flipping through for a sentiment and found this stamp. I had completely forgotten that I had it! (don't you love it when that happens?!!) You could add googly eyes to the owl if you wanted to add some fun to the card!

The next card is a birthday card, perfect for the men in your life. I don't know about you but I really have a hard time finding cards for men. This one is fun and fancy free yet can pull off a masculine feel!
I utilized the same concept for the owl, using brown and scrap patterned paper. I layered green and brown for the base and blue and white for the center. I pulled some ribbon from my growing stash and tied it around the center mat. I fell in love with this ribbon but to be honest - never had a reason to use it. I think it goes with these owls perfectly! I used a happy Birthday stamp from my clear stamp stash.

I hope you have enjoyed these cards today! More to share tomorrow!!! Have a terrific day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment