Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another layout to share

Happy Day! I hope you are having a great week so far. Things are getting back to normal here in the Walker household. Thanks again for all the well wishes. My leg is getting better day by day!

Today I want to share another 12x12 layout that I did marking Ash's 9th b-day. I cannot believe that in a few weeks, she will be 10. I guess I cannot complain - I am only a year behind in scrapping while others are several years behind! Ashley wanted her bedroom redone for her birthday so I spent quite a while finding "things" for her room. All she could do was pick out the wall color and give me some ideas for accent colors. The rest was a surprise! Not sure how I pulled it off but I did!!!


I used a very bold blue for the background paper and an orange striped paper for the accent. I matted the pictures with black card stock to make them stand out.


For additional accents, I used ribbon from Stampin' Up and some chipboard accents. I painted them with a bright pink (to match the colors in the room) and embossed them with 2 coats of clear embossing powder. I have found a great glue to adhere chipboard to my layouts. It is Ailene's fast grab glue. I die cut the title with my side kick and a Sizzix alphabet.

It is a very simple layout but it tells the story! I hope you have enjoyed it! As always - I look forward to your comments! Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment