Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hump day and on the slide to the weekend!

Good morning! Happy Hump day! We have made it halfway to the weekend! While you are reading this post today, I am having minor surgery on my leg. I will be out of work for about a week but not MIA from posting here! Got to share my ideas and get feedback from all of you! I will be sharing ideas about items to sell at upcoming craft fairs! Need input on what you think will go best!!!

Today is another 12x12 layout relating to school last year. I didn't really care for Ash's school picture this time but I always get them to mark the changes she makes each year. I wasn't sure how to design this layout so once again - I journeyed over to my sketch books and found an idea. (Not only do I have many sketch books, but I keep them from magazines and download them from websites, so I have a binder FULL of them as well!)
I decided to coordinate the colors in Ash's shirt with the patterned paper and accent with a solid red and yellow. I tore the red and the yellow for some added depth. Have you ever tried paper tearing? Not only does it add something to your page, it just feels good!

Once again - I used my Stampin' Up punches. This time it was the scallop circle and smaller circle for the title and the corner punch for the corners of the journaling box. I know I have said it many, many times, but I just love the punches! (I am actually ordering another one this week from a friend's party! Just have to decide what one!). I added some plain red ribbon to hide the seam of the papers, some yellow between the pictures and voila! Finished! Another one for the books! I still have tons of pictures to get scrapped but one day at a time. Thanks for popping in!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're posting again... I'm impressed with Ash's cards and all your pages. Hope you're relaxing nicely and things went well.

    ReplyDelete