Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Manic Monday

Happy Monday! I cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by. We start school here next week. Where did the time go? I have been taking 3 day work weeks this summer to spend some extra time with Ash but soon I will have to go back to a regular 4 day week! (rough I know!). Before I know it - fall will be here in full swing and then on to Turkey day, Christmas, etc. Scary! By the way - there are only 131 days till Christmas! I am sure you really wanted to know that!!!

Today I want to share a birthday card I made for my dad yesterday. I saw one on splitcoast stampers, and had to case it. (unfortunately I cannot find it on the website now!) I just love, love the Stampin' Up owl punch. There are so many ways to use it! I even found a site to make the owl into a cute penguin! But that is for another post!
I hand cut the tree and branch out of scrap brown card stock. The leaves are punched out with the scallop circle punch and I inked the edges with a brown ink to add some depth. I punched out my owl and made the chest out of more scrap paper that I had on hand. (can you see a theme here - I hardly ever throw away scraps of paper) I added the party hat and party horn that I hand cut out of some leftover basic grey patterned paper. The sentiment is stamped with staz on ink (love the smell) from the set Love Ya Bunches. It reads "happy bird-day to you".
I hope you have enjoyed today's card. I hope it brought a smile to your face and helped make your Monday a little better! Thanks for popping in!

1 comment: