Friday, October 30, 2009

BOO!!! Happy Halloween!!!!



TGIF!! And Happy Halloween to all!!! I wanted to thank you all for the birthday wishes I received!! I had a terrific day!





Ashley carved her pumpkin all by herself this year! Dad cut the top off and she went to town! She scooped out the guts and carved the face. She did a great job and was so proud of herself! It is displayed on our porch (but not where the dog can chew on it!!).




This year I really struggled with what to make for the kids in Ashley's class for Halloween. They are not little kids anymore but....... they are still kids!
I thought about making slime but then thought twice about it! I would be the cool mom to the kids but not the most favorite mom of the parents!!! So - I sent them home with pure sugar instead!!!!! :)







I saw a variation of this project somewhere online. So kudos to whoever made it first! Thanks for the idea! I decided to make these out of old manilla folders I had laying around. I was so excited. I used all items I already had on hand. I cut the folders, scored, folded and inked the edges orange to add a creepy feel! I then sealed the edges with red line tape. (gotta love it!) I used a clear acrylic Halloween word stamp set I got at ACMoore for $1. I arranged all the words I wanted onto a block and stamped onto the short end of the holder. I used another $1 stamp for the spider to/from end. I also used other Halloween stamps for the embellishments and punched them out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and a scallop circle punch, both from Stampin' Up. I pop dotted those embellishments to add some deminsion! Then all that was left was to fill with pixy sticks! (can you say "sugar high"??) These were fun and quick to make. Ashley just filled in the to/from section and is delivering them today!


Tonight we are headed to the school Halloween dance and then trick or treating tomorrow night. (I hope the showers hold off till we are done.) Ash is excited to be going as Cleopatra. I am getting into the spirit with my witch's hat, and my Halloween t-shirt today in the office! (my boss says this is what happens when we run out of coffee!!). And tomorrow night I am even attempting to dress up Maggie our dog, as a cowgirl! Have a safe and chocolate filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment