Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Something special

Happy Tuesday! Sorry I was missing this weekend. We attended the Fryburg fair for the fireman's muster Sunday and yesterday my hubby and I spent the day together. Congrats to the Canton FD team - they received 2 second place trophies at the muster!

Today I want to share with you something that my sis-in-law made for my Grandmother's 90th birthday and the minute I saw it - I knew I would be stealing the idea! These are plain white cigar boxes that I found at AC Moore and altered them with stamps, flowers and stickles!




I used one of my swirl stamps from Stampin' Up (I cannot remember what set it came from), with black Staz On ink. (does anyone else just love the smell of the black ink?)

In the top right corner - I placed a variety of flowers with brads. I added stickles in coordinating colors around the flowers and on the swirls to add some depth and bling! I wanted a sentiment on the box and after a long time of searching - I decided on "for you".




Inside the boxes - I cut copy paper to fit and stamped on some of the pages and tied them together with coordinating ribbon and added a pen.

I thought these stationary boxes would be great gift ideas! Drop me a note and let me know what you think!!!!

Thanks for popping in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment