Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday

I had so much fun making birthday cards this weekend!! I follow a blog hop that happens on the 20th of every month. These ladies are fantastic creators and come up with some great ideas! Most of the cards I made are copies of what they posted!! :)

This card is made using the Create a Cupcake stamp set and matching punch from Stampin' Up! I knew the first time I saw this set that I had to have it! Everyone has birthdays and you can use this set for so many occasions besides birthdays!!!
The top is a muted red card stock and the bottom is some scrap polka dot paper I had in my stash. Between the 2 layers I added some white card stock punched with the scallop border punch. I used a brown mat with plain white card stock for the middle. I stamped the cupcake designs with bashful blue and chocolate chip onto scrap white card stock and punched them out with the punch. I punched the cherry out of red card stock and popped it on the top with a dimensional. I mixed and matched the tops and bases of the cupcakes. I added the sprinkles and the bow on the cupcake, using the stamps from the set.

I ran some brown and gold ribbon around the mat before I adhered it to the card.

To finish it off - I stamped the Happy Birthday greeting from the stamp set to the front of the card! Presto Chango! Done!

Thanks for popping in today. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another birthday card!

No comments:

Post a Comment