Sunday, February 13, 2011

V-day is tomorrow!

Are you ready? Valentine's Day is tomorrow.... This gives you a few more hours to run to the store and grab some yummy chocolates and then to the scrap area to make a card. Hubby's... you too CAN make a card. Your wife would be so surprised and will love you for it! (hint hint)

Today I have a couple of cards that I made for V-day. The first one is for my daughter Ashley.

She loves the Stampin' Up owl punch so I decided to use that on her card. I used some of the Valentine's DSP paper from last year with Stampin' Up. I used a scrap from the back side for the "vest" on the owl. I free cut the tree branch (because I have yet to purchase the bird punch with the branch!) I thought about using some cute googly eyes but I couldn't find them last night! :)

On the inside:
I used a smaller piece of the DSP and added a small white strip to offset it. I dug through my $1 wooden stamps and found the "i love you" stamp. I thought it was a perfect sentiment for this card! I also dug through my $1 acrylic stamps and found an owl set and the "owl always love you" stamp. Everything fell into place for me during my card making time!

For the hubby... I wanted to use a bunch of hearts so I surfed Splitcoast Stampers and found a few that I liked... so I combined a couple and designed this:

I used a brown background and then ran a piece of white through my {new} Big Shot machine with the swiss dots embossing folder. I found another piece of DSP I that I had cut an envelope with a SU die. I assembled the envelope and adhered it to the card. I used the punch with the 3 hearts to cut a bunch of hearts of different shapes/sizes/colors. I also used the large heart punch to cut 2 larger hearts to adhere inside the envelope. The sentiment I stamped on white and bright pink from the stamp set "Love ya bunches". I punched the white with the scallop circle and then punched the pink center out with the 1 1/4 circle punch. I used a dimensional to raise the center up and adhered it to the envelope. The inside has a small piece of DSP and another stamp that said "will you be my valentine".

This last one is a quickie that I made a while ago but wanted to share since it is so cute and small enough to tuck into a lunch box. (guess what I am doing with it????!!!!)










I stamped the hearts with red ink and the hearts from the "love ya bunches" stamp set. I cannot remember which set I got the cute raccoon and sentiment from but they are both from Stampin' Up too. The raccoon is stamped on the inside of the card and I punched a circle in the front of the card. To make the red scalloped ring.. I just punched a circle out of red and then used the scalloped circle and centered the circle in it and punched it again. I also punched a full red scallop to put behind the raccoon on the inside!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's post. Tomorrow I will be posting a pictorial tutorial on an adorable Valentine's Day treat box!!! Stay tuned!
Thanks for popping in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment