Monday, February 14, 2011

Owl always love you....

Happy Valentine's Day!! Thanks for popping in today! I hope your special someone spoils you rotten today!!! My family got me 2 bouquets of tulips, a crazy alien in a coffee mug (I love coffee) and a new computer game! I love them!

Today I want to share a cute project that I came across in my surfing! I saw it and new I could reproduce it without directions. I hope this doesn't get too long but hang in there - it is so cute and so easy to make!

I recently purchased a Big Shot die cutting machine and that was the first step. Using the pillow box die, I cut one out of red cardstock. Adhere the long side and the bottom end with sticky strip. I really recommend sticky strip as most other adhesives do not hold on a curved surface. (trust me - I have re-taped projects before!)

These are the punches that you will be using on this project.
Using the circle punches, punch the larger one out of white and the smaller one out of black. Depending on what you want for "eyelids" - punch one out of the color of your choice with the larger circle. Cut this circle in half and adhere the black to the white and then add the eyelid.







Using the small heart punch, punch one out of orange for the nose and adhere to the pillow box where the face will be. Cut a small piece of patterned paper to add to the "tummy" of the box. This can be any color to coordinate with the holiday or occasion!

Adhere the eyes to the box with dimensionals, overlapping the heart shaped nose a little. Be sure to remember to add a little white to the eyes for expression!
Now you can add the wings! Punch out a heart with the large heart punch and cut into half. Adhere to the box with dimensionals at an angle. Punch another small heart or two with the multiple heart punch and adhere to the middle of the wings!!!









Add a couple of Hershey nuggets and seal the top edge closed!
There you go! Believe me - these are so much cuter in real life!! Make some for your friends and family today!!!!!
Thanks for popping in and be sure to eat at least one piece of chocolate today in honor of Valentine's Day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment