Saturday, February 19, 2011

There's a wedding to be planned!!!!

No - not me! It has been 17 years for me and my wonderful hubby! My niece got engaged on Valentine's Day and her fiancee is heading to boot camp for the Air Force in March and when he gets home, we will be having a wedding!! I am so excited for them!

Today I played around with some invite samples for them to look at. Not really sure what they want but I found some cute things while I was surfing Splitcoast stampers website!!! (What a great site!) I know the colors are dark blue and white but I need to know WHAT shade of dark blue she wants!! :) So many choices!

This one I cased and thought it was simple and elegant
.
I embossed the blue background paper. I am going shopping for a few more embossing folders, as I am having a great time using them with my new Big Shot! I stamped a heart (from the $1 acrylic stamps) with a light blue ink and punched it out with the large heart punch from Stampin' Up. Not sure if you can see the design on the heart, but it is a fancy swirl.

The next one I made was also cased from Splitcoast.
I embossed the blue background and ran the butterfly embosslit folder from SU and used the 3 largest on the card. I used dimensionals to raise them up a little. I also punched an oval and a scallop oval and pop dotted them in the upper right hand corner. I figured I could stamp something on the oval.
This last one is by far my favorite.
I knew when I saw it that I had to make one something like it! Once again I used a blue background on a white card. I made a second mat set with the white and blue. I punched the corners with the ticket punch (from SU!) and I used dimensionals on the middle mat set. The "bride and groom" are made from the large heart punch. I punched the white one for the bride and ran it through the Big Shot with the swiss dots embossing folder. I added some crystal bling to the front with glue dots. The groom was made with a white heart and a black heart. I cut the black one to look like a tux front. I added small black self adhesive dots ($1 from AC Moore) to make the buttons. Not sure if you can see it but I spritzed the card with my mixture of shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol to make it sparkly!
If you know of a great site to get ideas for wedding invitations, please share it with me!!! (or if you have made some - please share!)
Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment