Thursday, February 3, 2011

The groundhog didn't see his shadow!!

Yeah!!! That means Spring is right around the corner....in approximately 6 weeks~ {sigh}!

Not sure about where you are but we got another foot or more of snow yesterday with another round on the way for Saturday. I know it snows in February in Maine but really???!!!

Today I wanted to share some cute baby shower favors I was asked to make for a friend. I made several prototypes for her to choose from but she made her decision quickly when she saw this!!!
I knew it needed something so I tweeked it a little and came up with this:

These hold 2 Nestle Treasure (yum) chocolates. Is there anything better than chocolate in a favor? (or a bowl,or a cup, etc, etc) I knew that the top needed some more color and I had a hard time finding the baby boy paper I really wanted. It seems like you can find ANYTHING in baby girl but boys... not so much. But.... in perusing the very small scrapbook aisle in Walmart... I found a page kit that had some cute paper so I bought it and cut it up!!! :) Some have these cute elephants on it, others have snails and some are just stripes!

On the mailbox flap I stamped "it's a boy" and made the flag out of a scrap piece of the leftover brown and used my heart punch from Stampin' Up for the top. I was going to use a small red heart in the middle but was afraid it would make it too "valentine-y"so I left it alone. But these would make great little Valentines for your kids school parties (or just to have)! I ended up making 60 of these little creatures! Once I got the production line going - it went pretty smoothly.
On the home front...a couple of weeks ago my daughter signed up to take a cooking class. She was a little nervous about it but had a ball! It turned out to be just her and another friend taking the class this time.
They made a wonderful breakfast (which she has made since then) and learned a lot. now she is starting to help me more and more in the kitchen!
Thanks for popping in today! If you have any ideas that you would like to share with me - leave me a comment!!! :)

1 comment: