Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day! I hope this is a day that you DO NOT have to work! I happen to be a very lucky gal and I have the entire week off!!

Today I want to share a couple of cute boxes I made for a friend! I tried several different styles but nothing really "worked" for me. I think these came together nicely!

I found the directions for these on SplitCoast Stampers website. These both use an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock. After scoring according to the directions, I stamped the background design with the Priceless stamp set from Stampin' Up. (Thanks to Katie for loaning me this set. I really need to get it for myself. I keep putting it off for some reason! Guess I just need to buck up and order it!) :)

After stamping the background - I assembled it into the box. I love how the top side edges fold down into the box to add more stability. No waste here!!! I rounded the corners of the tops and punched the circle for the handles. I used some scrap brown card stock and punched a circle and then a scallop circle to add to the handles. I used my crop-a-dile to make the holes for the ribbons.


I stamped the swirly onto some white card stock and added the pretty heart near the top. This was matted onto some brown card stock and adhered to the front of the box. I stamped another heart and cut it out free hand. I added it on top of the first heart with dimensionals. Near the top - I stamped the butterfly from the same set and cut it into a tag shape and matted it with the same brown card stock. I searched through my many, many flowers and found some that matched the paper I chose! Coordinate those with another flower, add a brad, and adhere with another dimensional and - poof - complete!!!
I hope you have enjoyed today's post! I will be working on a Christmas version of these this week! Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment