Thursday, September 2, 2010

A unique gift holder

Good morning again! Today I wanted to share a project I found on this website while I was surfing! She had some amazing ideas. I just knew I had to give this one a try!



The first one is made with some designer paper from Stampin' Up from last Christmas. I used plain paper (also from Stampin' Up) as the base for my holder. I do not have the top note die from Sizzix (because it is a Bigz die and will not fit in my machine) but I had one that I traced and used on the front. I also traced the scalloped envelope die and made 2 small envelopes for the inside to hold a gift card (vertically) and a note or money, or whatever you choose. I covered the scallop flap with the patterned paper to add some color to the right side.

On the left - I stamped coffee beans and a coffee cup. I decided to use a white piece of paper on the left side and punched the side with the spiral punch from... you guessed it... Stampin' Up!
I cut a small slip in the cover and ran ribbon all the way around to tie it closed. I stamped a coffee carafe on the front and it is ready to go!



The second one is made almost identical except I changed up the colors and theme. This time I wanted something a little more Christmas-y. I used more paper from the Christmas line of DSP and used a pretty red for the base. Once again I added some patterned paper to the flaps of the envelopes for color. On the front of this one - I kept it fairly plain, just adding some different patterned paper and stamping a tree on white card stock. I added a small piece of ribbon just on the front. I hope you have enjoyed today's post! See you again tomorrow! Thanks for popping in!

1 comment:

  1. So are those 2 gift card holders on the right side? Very cute, even if I can't figure out what I'd use both things for :)

    ReplyDelete