Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Hot Humpday!

Good morning yet again! It is going to be another HOT one here in Maine today! So glad I am working in cool AC today!

Today I wanted to share with you a simple project and some variations of it that I came up with!
The first picture is a treat holder that I learned to make at a Stampin' Up party that Kelly did! She has some awesome ideas and her work is phenomenal. This one was stamped with a new Halloween set from Stampin' Up and uses the new Halloween paper as well. We used a few punches as well; like the circle, scallop circle, scallop border and the new (and spooky) bat punch! After I stamped the witch's feet- I stamped them again onto scrap paper and cut out the boots and placed them on the card (over the feet) with dimensional to add some depth! We punched 2 holes and tied black ribbon through them to hold it shut! (I took off the ribbon to measure the paper!).

The next ones are variations that I came up with all on my own (except for the last one!) This project is so simple to make for any holiday or reason!

The first variation is for Thanksgiving. Leave this on a co-worker's or teacher's desk or give it to a secret pal with some yummy chocolates in it! What else says "giving thanks" like chocolate??!!

I stamped the cornucopia and round border with a Just Rite Stamp set and the leaves are from my misc stamp drawer! Thought it tied in with fall quite nice!



These two are also for Halloween. I used pumpkin stamp from Just Rite Stamps and colored it in with watercolor pencils. The sentiment is from my ever growing supply of $1 clear stamps from Michael's! The other Halloween one is also using scrap paper and as I dug thru a drawer that had misc stamps in it - I found this adorable mummy stamp! Not positive but I believe it was also in a $1 bin at Mike's.

Now- before I share my absolute favorite one- I will share the directions for making these! Believe me - they are soooo easy! Here we go:

Take a piece of plain card stock measuring 12 x 4 inches. Score it at 4 1/4 inches, 4 1/2, 5 1/4, and 9 3/4 inches. Crease all score lines. Make the center score line go up into the holder and the other 2 are like "legs". The patterned paper measures 4" wide and however large you want it. I think I made mine 2". Add whatever embellishments you choose to coordinate with your theme. You can either punch 2 small holes through the front flap and back paper or add a half a velcro dot under the flap to keep it shut. Inside take a small cello bag, cut it to fit and adhere with sticky strip, leaving enough on top to fold down and tape shut. That is IT! Easy peezy!!!

And without further ado - my favorite variation of this cute treat bag............
Isn't he absolutely adorable???????????!!!!! I was searching on Splitcoast Stampers for craft fair ideas and I saw a candy wrapper someone had made to look like a mummy. All I did was make the bag the same as above in white card stock and then tore more white paper into strips and inked them with chocolate chip ink. I layered then on and added eyes peeking out from between the layers and voila! My Mummy!!! i just love him!
Well, that is it for today!!! Thanks for popping in! Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment