Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday all! Not sure about where you are but here in Maine it is HOT HOT HOT! So hot in fact that schools are closing due to the extreme heat. I never thought I would see school cancelled for a non snow storm. My kiddo - however - is still in school and probably hating every minute of this heat.


Today I would like to share another project I found for craft fairs. These are going to be great teacher's gifts! I like to try out a project before I sit down and make a bunch, just in case the directions are hinky or I have to alter something, or it - in some cases - comes out really ugly!!! This was my trial one but I love it and will probably sell it along with the others!!

I made the base with a bright green (Christmas-y bright - not neon bright!!) card stock and used some scrap patterned paper (just for you Rach!) from Basic Grey. I just love this paper and wish I had more! I matted the patterned paper onto a mustard-y yellow card stock. As I sat and wondered what to put on the front - I thought about upcoming events and I HAD to think of Christmas. I know with heat like we are having - Christmas seems so far away but I want to get a jump start on it and by making these - helping others get a head start.


What says school/teacher like this adorable owl? I never thought I would fall into the "owl" fad but I just love this guy! You can do so much with him. Some day I will take a day and show you the many, many things he can make!! I added 3 colorful buttons for dimension and tucked in a pen. I also stamped ABC's and 1,2,3's on the small white mat in red.

Here is the inside:


What do you think? I think teachers are going to love these! And grandmothers, aunts, friends, everyone!!!

Thanks for popping in today! Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment