Friday, November 6, 2009

TGIF!!!

It's Friday!!! It's Friday!!!! I am so excited! I get to play this weekend in my scraproom, while the hubby is hunting. I am hoping to get it cleaned up as well! If you didn't see the before pics, check one of the posts below and see my messy room!!! Today is also my 16th wedding anniversary! Time flies! I am so lucky to be married to a wonderful man!

Today is just a couple of gift card holders I have made. I am hoping to make more designs this weekend! Some people feel gift cards not a "real" gift but what is better than getting to choose exactly what you want???!!! They are a perfect gift! But a perfect gift needs a perfect package! These holders have a secret inside - a plain white envelope!!!



These were also made from scraps I had in my stash. The first one is one of my favorites! I used the Country Morning hostess set from SU for the first one. I stamped the images in chocolate chip ink and colored them with my watercolor pencils (since I have used them all week - I must love them!) I also sponged the edges of my white cardstock mat with the chocolate chip ink. I matted the image with a hunter green cardstock and mounted onto the main part! I will post directions for this type of gift card holder tonight for all to see and use!



The second holder was stamped with the Garden Whimsy stamp set from SU! I stamped the butterfly and then stamped it again on scrap paper and cut it out and mounted it with the wing bent up for some dimension! You cannot see it very good but I added a flower in a light peach color and some ladybugs as well. The background paper was, once again, something I had in my scrap stash.





I am excited to also post some different styles of gift card holders! They will be showing up here soon!

Thanks for all you great comments and notes! I am loving my blog and having a place to share what I love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment